Friday 22 January 2021

The last night with my family

 



Its been 20 years since the accident- the one that ceased the existence of the townspeople. But I needed to find my family. I drove into the abandoned town. I parked my car near the woods and walked around. Dry leaves crackling under my feet as I walked along the empty road. I stopped in front of a broken down warehouse. Broken car parts, rusting old drums and more dried leaves lay all around. I vaguely remember what had happened here.

20 years ago, one night I anxiously lay in my room as I heard the first little cries of my baby brother being born in the next room. I was elated. I ran in and slowly opened the door. The nurse was cradling the baby in her arms. I wanted to hold the baby but I was asked to stay in my room as they tended to my mother and my father was not yet there. I came back to my room and plopped down on my bed. I was  looking out of the window when I felt a sudden shake. The Buddha statue on my table started moved violently. Before I could comprehend what was happening, the roof came crumbling down. I called out to my mother but all I could hear was a lot of loud screams. I saw a glint of light from my window and I rushed towards it. There was a tiny gap. I jumped out and stood on the street. There was chaos all around. I looked back at our house. The roof on my mother’s room was on the ground. I did not see anyone there.

That was the last time when I saw my family.

 


6 comments:

Hi there, thanks for stopping by...

Man, woman and their travels

     As you watch travel vlogs on YouTube, you will often see a man and a woman touring fascinating and unexplored places in the world. Ther...