Thursday 21 January 2021

The abandoned warehouse

 


I was yet to recover from the trauma of the death of my best friend. Everywhere I go I can see him. So much so that the other day I froze at the spot when I saw the silhouette of a man walking on a zebra crossing . It was around midnight, everything was dark but the height and the walking style of the figure resembled that of my friend. I wanted to take a look at the face. So I followed the figure. At the corner of the street he took a right turn and walked ahead. I kept a good distance and walked behind him.

He reached an empty street, across it was an old, abandoned warehouse. The gate seemed to be padlocked. Suddenly he climbed up the wall, stepped on the branch of the tree near it and jumped into the property. It seemed like he frequented the place. I did not want to trespass but the entire scenario intrigued me. So I tried to snoop in like he did. I stepped on the branch when out of nowhere a bee looking insect flitted past my ear. As I took a closer look, I was amazed. The bee was unlike the ones I have seen- it looked robotic. I was staring at it when it stung me. I dropped down and fainted instantly.

After an hour or so, my eyes opened. I could feel my legs and hands were tied. Just then somebody threw water at my face. My vision cleared, I looked up to see who was there.

“Hello John. Guess you are happy to see me alive!”, said my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for stopping by...

Man, woman and their travels

     As you watch travel vlogs on YouTube, you will often see a man and a woman touring fascinating and unexplored places in the world. Ther...