Saturday 10 April 2021

A kitten’s wish


(Art by my friend Mrigakhi Bora. Original creation by artist Vimal Chandran)


Why does the human live in a box like house?
Watching the idiot box all day
Only peeping out once or twice
To adjust the antenna signal in the way.

I am a little kitten, I stay outdoors all day
I dream of yummy things
And wish to lick a fishbone clean
Found in the roadside bin.

I wonder if the big fishes of the ocean
Would ever want to fly, like I do
Then I would meet them in the sky 
And twirl gracefully in my rainbow tutu.

For now I could play with the human
Only if it would come out and
Give me some milk and candies,
Sit in the lush green grass 
And watch the clouds dancing to 
The tune of the blowing wind.
Oh what a wonderful day that would be!




2 comments:

  1. Amazing Annie. So proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the encouragement, Nistha. Much love 💖

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for stopping by...

Man, woman and their travels

     As you watch travel vlogs on YouTube, you will often see a man and a woman touring fascinating and unexplored places in the world. Ther...